About the Campaign
"RACISM. IT STOPS WITH ME" aims to
- Ensure more individuals/people recognise that racism is unacceptable in our community
- Give more people/individuals the tools & resources to take practical action against racism
- Empower individuals & organisations to prevent & respond effectively to racism.
The campaign encourages and coordinate efforts by those who are already working to reduce and prevent racism. Our consultations have told us that it is often the people working on the ground who have the best understanding of and resolutions to the issues faced by members of their community.
All across Australia, there are people and organisations doing great things to reduce and prevent racism.
This campaign isn’t about reinventing the wheel – we want to learn from past achievements and challenges. Our consultations have told us that it’s often the people working on the ground within local communities or specific environments who have the
best understanding of the issues and ideas of how to overcome them.
- Organisations to commit to the campaign and develop their own anti-racism strategies and activities
- Individuals to become part of a community of people who lead by example
- Offer advice and assistance in implementing anti-racism activities
- Continue to develop materials and tools to assist in the promotion of anti-racism messages
- Share good practice examples for others to learn from and build on
- Facilitate linkages and partnerships between our supporter organisations.
By doing this, we hope to create a culture where people are able to identify racism and have the confidence and tools to act appropriately when it does occur.